Saturday, March 5, 2011

Philosophical Banter



We all have our own ideas about the universe, what it is, and where our place is in this vast expanse. Some of us cling to religion to answer these questions, while others rely on science for their explanation. I cling to neither as I find it relaxing to ponder the universe and all it's wonders. Granted, it's impossibly huge, and I can't even begin to comprehend what's out there. However, some things are simply obvious.

Is there extraterrestrial life?

Of course there is! This planet is huge and wonderful, but comparing Earth to the Milky Way Galaxy is like comparing a nucleotide to your body. Then there are an impossibly large number of other galaxies to consider. To believe that we are the only life in the vast expanse that is reality, is extremely arrogant and ignorant. Life is on this little dirt ball we call home, and so it stands to reason that life exists elsewhere.

So why do we want to assume that there is no life on distant worlds? We often assume that other people are thinking the same way we think. If a person is a liar, then they will assume that other people are going to be lying to them, and will have trust issues. If a person is a thief they will assume that other people will want to steal from them. The flip side is equally true. If a person is honest and trustworthy, they will assume that other people can be trusted. So what would we do if we came across a rich world with many resources? We would take it over and make it our own, so therefore we assume that an alien race would do the same. To add to that assumption is the movies that we watch where aliens are almost always warmongers bent on domination.

To break this down, imagine looking at fast food joint with your friend. I would see a fairly stylish building and imagine a good looking burger with bacon. I would also wonder if the cow I am about to eat came from a CAFO. Meanwhile my friend might be thinking the building looks drab and nasty. They might also be wondering how many of patronizers are sexual predators who have a chicken fetish. My point is simply this: Assuming that someone is thinking the same thing that you are is a bad assumption. No one thinks alike.

Therefore, how can we know that aliens are going to dominate? We can't. How many of you have moved into a new place, and went to say hi to the neighbors? I admit it, I'm guilty? And then how many of you have robbed your neighbors right afterward? I haven't done that. Perhaps our neighbors of the skies wouldn't either.

Tying back into the original question of why some people assume that we are alone in the galaxy; it is simply easier to live in blissful ignorance then imagine what that possibility would mean. If aliens are not real, then we don't have to worry about them invading and eating our babies. Therefore, it is simply easier to believe that aliens are not real.

Well, they are real, and I have yet to hear of a baby being eaten. But as long as I'm being petulantly morbid, here's a thought. What if we do have a soul, and the reason aliens are leaving us alone is because we are a farm for souls? Beings who do not live in our dimension eat the material our souls are made of, so there is no heaven or hell, just once we die we get to be absorbed into a soul devourer. Bet that thought made you shudder. I crack myself at times, but simply put, the possibilities are endless.

Mysticism

The mystical world is a wonder because it is a mystery. That's all it really means. Did wizards roam the earth and were able to control the 4 elements? Who am I to say that isn't possible? Miracles happen, and some of us get bitter when they don't happen when we want them to. Some of us in our bitterness claim that the mystical world does not exist. I declare that it does.

I am a seer, and so is at least one of my siblings. Yeppers, I can see the future! And I can tell you now, that it is a worthless trait. I can do it in one of two ways.

The first is to see and hear something that is about to happen. The problem is, that it is completely real when it's happening, so I usually do not know that it's a vision. It is also instantaneous. Therefore within the next 15 minutes, it happens again exactly as I had envisioned it. There is no warning, no opportunity to change events. It just simply happens. De javu.

The second is to dream of the future. I had a nightmare when I was about 5 or 6 which was spliced, messy, and made absolutely no sense whatsoever. It scared the crap out of me, but life goes on, and I grew up. When I was 26 I was living in Phoenix AZ, and on one particular day, the dream came true. The whole day came true, and I flashed back to my nightmare at the end of the day.

It wasn't a bad day, and looking back, it's kind of a neat experience. The reason it was a nightmare when I was a kid was because I lived a day as an adult while I was a child. As an adult there is stress and worry that we learn to live with. There was financial stress, loneliness, boredom, excitement, and a multitude of other feelings that grownups just know how to deal with. Being a kid, I felt things in the dream that were very difficult to handle.

I think it's a waste of an ability. Why does it happen? What purpose does it serve? I don't know why, and I have yet to discover a purpose. And yes, both forms of this seer ability happen often enough.



Therefore, I can also believe that there are psychics, dream walkers, healers, and others that dapple in the metaphysical realm. Why not if I do myself? I am however smart enough to know that this world is covered with cons. Psychics that will give you a reading will most likely tell you something that can be translated 100 different ways or something that is completely obvious. It's easy to tell if they are a con by whether or not they ask for money.

Side note: Psychic readers that work in a carnival or have their own shop are not cons. They put on a costume, and do funky things. You are basically paying for show and they are giving you one. Leaches that wear normal clothes, and convince a grieving widow that they can speak to her husband for a moderate fee of 20 grand is a con.

Wacky Mysticism

Believing that some people have abilities that we do not understand is not difficult for me, because well, I admitted being a seer didn't I? So why not believe that some people can hop back and forth between here and the multi-verse? Why not believe that some can read minds? Funny thing about people that read minds; they need permission to do so. How do I know this? Your thoughts are your own, and no one has access to them without your permission? The Hollywood mind readers walk around and everyone is powerless to resist their intrusion. This is of course, completely wrong and irrational. Intruding upon someone's mind is an intimate and personal action. To look in someones mind without someones permission is equal to or worse than rape. In fact, it would be a rape of the mind.

Have you ever noticed that the more you pray or have faith in something, the universe bends a little making it possible? You have your own control over the mystical forces of the universe. Some have obsessed and become witches and sorcerers in the hope of mastering the mystical forces that make up the universe. In other words, there is a completely uncharted part of our psyche that controls parts of our existence unmeasurable by scientific instruments. Because you have this power, for another to invade your aura, they would need your permission. If they don't have it, you could crush them into spiritual bits when your aura acts out in self defense.

Have you ever been able to move something with your mind? I haven't, and I have tried. The spoon didn't bend, but then again, maybe I wasn't the one. The ONE??? What a load of crap. If someone can do something, so can you. All you have to do is put in the effort to get it done. And beware, you can and will be stopped if you are up to something that someone else thinks is wrong. The chosen one is a myth made of legend. Who chose?

I wonder sometimes how everything in the universe thrives on such a delicate balance. Throw the multi-verse in with that and you have an infinite amount of possibilities that are staggering to think of. Imagine a God that can control all of this and you have yourself an omnipotent being of which I can not comprehend. Gotta hand it to the old guy though. He's AMAZING!!! Sorry gals, I still think God is a dude. However, I'm not opposed to the idea that his wife wears the pants in the family and handles the checkbook.

God however does not make our decisions, and therefore we have free will. This free will also allows us to believe that we are alive. How can we have free will then if God is controlling everything? I personally believe that with every decision there is a break in the multi-verse, and a two new universes are created. By every decision, I mean the decision on whether or not to get a twix vs snickers creates two different universes. And what would this mean?

It takes .3 seconds longer to grab the twix then it does to grab the snickers, and so you miss your place in the check out line. The person ahead of you flirts with the cashier who smiles and dismisses him after 2 minutes of customer service. Because of this you are now 2 minutes behind your other self that bought the snickers. By the end of the day, both worlds have ripple effects that vastly differ the other side.


So every decision creates a new one... Imagine going on a voyage of discovery to the different verses. Perhaps the weak spots we have heard about are doorways to the other parallel worlds? Bermuda, Brazil, Japan, and other weak spots are known for their strange happenings. Of course that only names a few, and of course, all countries have their legends. Most of which are stories ingrained in the minds of susceptible children.

Perhaps UFO's that are not of this world are in fact from another world that has learned to travel between the verses. They are in fact unidentified, so why must we automatically assume they are aliens? I know a very respectable person in society who is grounded and everyone would think they are on the up and up. This person was following a van when it stopped, and they stopped. The van faded away into oblivion. Cloaking device? Inter dimensional rift? Optical illusion? I have no reason to doubt this person, and I have heard countless other stories, but this person has been the most unlikely to speak of such things.

Conclusion

The possibilities are endless, and the wonder that is understanding, has yet to be discovered. I muse, and I rant, but I'll bet some of what I said is true. Some it has to be close, and other things that I have said couldn't be further from the truth.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought that maybe those different universes have to balance one another out. When your life becomes perfect and your happy for once, something always happens to throw you off. Have you ever heard of anyone leading a perfect happy life with no trouble? Does it even exist? Other dimensions might exist to keep balance through out the universe. Kinda like the cycle of life. Everything has to be in balance or you have chaos. When we create too many dimensions do two or more come together to keep the balance creating chaos in our lives once again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I have never thought about the multiverse keeping balance before. Obviously the earth keeps itself in balance the best it can. every time we mess with something, something else goes out of wack for a bit. Forest fires rage every 50 years or so to keep things in balance. stands to reason that different dimensions and alternate universes would keep balance as well. I guess that's where the theory of the doppleganger came into being.

    Does the perfect life exist? This could be an essay. :)

    ReplyDelete