Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Honesty


Honesty has always been at the forefront of who I am. Stating exactly who I am and what I am doing has been the way I live my life since I was about 14 or so. Before then I was a child. I believe in transparency for several reasons. There is no need to keep the people I know guessing. It's also much easier to maintain one front rather than several.

However, that is not how the world works. Lately, I've been at odds with the world for a few different reasons. It seems that I keep coming across people that are two faced, and are trying to lock me in with a good sales pitch. The pitch is great, and then the subtle differences are shown after I've committed. "Be dishonest, because that's the way it's done."

Of course it's not that clear cut, but at the same time. At times I find that I'm being coaxed into being dishonest through levels... "Tell a white lie." "Just lie a bit." "What does it matter if we don't deliver." Pretty soon it will be~ "Just steal the car man. They've got 4 of em."

I haven't lost my integrity yet, but I am annoyed at some of the things that I've been asked to do. Or more to the point, strongly suggested I should do as if I am less of a man because I'm not doing those things. Well, I've come to the conclusion that I must stand for something. I think I will stand for honesty and integrity.

And why not. I've discovered that true honesty is needed in this world. It's also the only attribute I have which will ensure my success in life. People will of course continue to try tearing me down and spreading lies of my evil deeds. But I will not be the one spreading lies, or tearing others down lest I fall down that path myself.

Those who would resort to shady tactics and back others into corners as if on the hunt will die with the crop they have planted. My crop will be beautiful, and without weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment